Legal Translation Purposes
Legal Translation Purposes – There are many uses of legal translations. They are not only conducted to have legal documents written in English translated to other languages; they are also done in order to strengthen communication ties between parties of contending languages, especially those parties who do not speak English as their mother tongue.
Among the important reasons for legal translations include:
- Establishing end-user agreements in markets that do not speak English. End-user agreements are essential in just about every program, service or partnership. These agreements are needed so that service providers (such as manufacturing companies, development companies, etc.) are able to convey their terms to their target markets, and in turn their subscribers are able to understand their conditions. By having properly-understood agreements, better business ethics will be cemented in both parties until such time that they wish to end whatever partnership ties they shared.
- Providing legal statements to be accepted by other parties or legal establishments. There are times when individuals or businesses would have to submit legal documents to authorities, recognized governing bodies and other end-parties in order to conduct partnerships or sever ties and settle on certain agreements. Through legal translations, these requisites are accomplished with less hassle.
- Reaching out to non-English speaking markets. In order to reach out to other markets aside from those who speak English, business firms would have to modify their papers and forms to cater to the language used by their target consumers. Legal translations serve such purpose, and make business transactions much easier to handle.
Documents Used for Legal Translation Purposes
The documents that are used for legal translation means include:
- Contracts. There are different types of contracts, although they follow more or less the same structure regardless of language used. Contracts have to be specific both in terms of the content and legal jargon, thus translations should be accurate in order to retain the meaning of the original text after switching from English to another language.
- End-user agreements. Aside from contracts, end-user agreements are also subject for legal translation. End-user agreements are found in all types of services and products that can be purchased or used on the internet. Since online businesses cater to global clients, they have to come up with properly translated agreements in order to gain client approval.
- Waivers. Waivers on the other hand are used to sever ties in partnerships or services rendered by either one or both parties involved. This is necessary in case services between two business parties would have to be ended by legal means but could not be done so due to differences in language.
Legal Translation Purposes – Finding Legal Translation Services
Looking for legal translation services is easier these days because they are now offered by various professional service providers. Most translation services that are found on the internet provide legal translations to different languages such as Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese and Russian in order to cater to various clients. Subscribing to legal translation services prove to be more convenient as they submit works in faster timeframes and work only on specific assignments. Clients no longer have to pay fixed rates for in-house translators who receive only a few work assignments per month.